The Ultimate Timelapse Guide and The Astro Timelapse Guide.
If you've been following me for a while you know this has been a long time coming…
I first played with the idea of condensing all my knowledge and skills about timelapse photography into a training course about 3 years ago.
Sadly, commercial work, travel, social media and other life things got in the way.
The project got pushed back and back and it ended up being this distant thing on the horizon that “I'll get to eventually“.
After sitting down with my sister Amy (aka FastForwardAmy, a wizard in digital business and marketing) In 2018 I realised I had been a bit of an idiot in pushing this project back so far and thus I set a goal for 2019: Publish an e-book about timelapse photography.
After months and months of working on the content, the writing, the design and the look and feel of the product (thanks for the help, Dave!) I can now very proudly launch my very first e-book: The Ultimate Timelapse Guide.
The Ultimate Timelapse Guide
In short: This book tells you everything you need to know about how to plan, shoot and process basic and advanced timelapse photography sequences. If you have a general understanding of manual photo settings and a camera then you can be on your way to produce the highest possible quality timelapse footage in no time.
In long (is that a thing?): The Ultimate Timelapse Guide features the following:
- A camera gear checklist
- How to plan and prepare your shoot
- How to shoot basic timelapses (static exposure)
- How to shoot advanced, holy grail timelapses (sunset or sunrise)
- How to prevent and solve flickering issues
- How to efficiently and consistently offload your shoot data
- Basic timelapse processing using Photoshop
- Advanced timelapse processing using Lightroom and LRTimelapse
- Advanced timelapse processing using the above and After Effects
On top of that you get an exclusive 15% timelapse gear discount code as well as my custom file management template to use when offloading footage. There's also a handy timing reference table and a free Lightroom ramping plugin tutorial.
If I had to guess how much time this guide would have saved me from when I started out with timelapse photography 8 years ago, it would easily add up to a few hundred hours.
With a minimum wage of about $19 here in Australia, that comes down to $3,800.
The Astro Timelapse Guide
Besides The Ultimate Timelapse Guide I also wrote an expansion called The Astro Timelapse Guide.
This initially started as an extra chapter but I quickly realised that it could be a standalone book. That, paired with Amy's advice to have a ‘premium bundle' for sale which apparently is a smart business move resulted in this wonderful second e-book that focusses on how to shoot and edit the night sky.
In short: The Astro Timelapse Guide teaches you about the challenges of astro timelapse photography and how to overcome them.
In long (it's a thing now): Here's what The Astro Timelapse Guide features:
- An astro photography gear list
- How to plan your astro timelapse shoot
- How to shoot astro timelapse sequences
- How to edit astro timelapse sequences
- How to deal with dew on your gear
- How to prevent stars from trailing
- How to create star trail photos using both Photoshop and StarStax
- 3 original RAW photos to edit yourself
- 2 Lightroom edit presets for astro timelapse sequences
The bundle is what I call the deal of the decade. Well that's maybe a bit of a stretch but it is currently the cheapest way to get both e-books.
Here's what you get in the bundle:
- The Ultimate Timelapse Guide
- The Astro Timelapse Guide
- An exclusive 15% timelapse motion control gear discount
- Post Haste file management template
- 3 RAW astro photographs to edit yourself
- 2 Lightroom astro editing presets
If you'd like to check out my brand new store you can do so here:
It's a work in progress but eventually you will be able to purchase more than just these wonderful e-books.
If you've made it this far down this page, I'd like to thank you sincerely for reading and for being a supporter of my work. I'm obviously very excited about this new chapter in my life and I hope you are (even if it's just a little bit) too.