The Moza Slypod is the world's first monopod and camera slider combined into one.
In the below video I show you what's in the box, what I like about the Moza Slypod, what I don't like about it and how I would change it.
Buy the Moza Slypod from this link here.
Moza Slypod specs
- Weight: 750 grams / 1.56lbs
- Travel distance: 28 cm / 11 inches
- Maximum load horizontal: 4 kg / 9 lbs
- Maximum load vertical: 9 kg / 20 lbs
- Interface: USB C, power button and plus/minus buttons
What I like about the Moza Slypod
I like that this is a completely new product. I haven't seen anything like it.
It's great for quick and dirty timelapse mission where you can't bring or don't want to bring a ton of gear.
It's simple to set up and doesn't take a lot of space in your bag.
What I don't like about the Moza Slypod
The slypod is too short to be a proper monopod. Fully extended it barely comes up to my chest (I'm 174 cm tall for reference)
If you'd like to use it a slider then you only have a single mounting point which means your balance is going to be an issue.
You need a very strong tripod to be able to carry the weight of the whole rig on one mounting point.
When using it as a vertical slider it gets really wobbly, and you need a completely flat base to put it on. Not ideal.
How I would change the Moza Slypod
I would drop the price, extend the total length of the unit, add a metal tripod base instead of a composite and increase the travel length of the slider part.
I like seeing innovative, new products however I wish the execution here was slightly better.
If you'd like to purchase the Moza Slypod please use this affiliate link.
Get all the best tools and techniques to become a great timelapse photographer.
- Master the art of timelapse in no time with The Ultimate Timelapse Course.
- Or get the e-book version The Ultimate Timelapse Guide.
- Create captivating hyperlapses with The Ultimate Hyperlapse Guide.
- Build your own passive income system with Passive Income For Creatives.