There might be many more styles of timelapse than you think!
In this video I talk about 8 different types of timelapse shots.
Here are the 8 different types of timelapse that I list in the video. Can you think of more? Let me know!
- Basic timelapse shot. Fixed settings, fixed camera, nothing special, still great. Learn everything you need to learn about the basics of timelapse photography from my free e-book The Basics Of Timelapse.
- Holy grail timelapse. Where you adjust your settings as the light changes. Difficult to do if you don't know what you're doing. Check out my holy grail tutorial here.
- Astro timelapse. Same as a basic timelapse with the fixed settings and all that but you just need to shoot it at night in a dark place. Check out my guide to milky way season and astro photography here.
- Hyperlapse. The timelapse that changed my life! It's like a flight through time and space. I've made many tutorials about hyperlapse photography, check them out in this playlist here.
- Aerial hyperlapse. Shot from a plane, heli or drone!
- Plant timelapse. You need a dedicated camera to commit to a long period of time and fixed lighting. I'm working on a video about this.
- Motion control timelapse. You need lots of gear and time to set this up but the results are always fun!
- Focus pull timelapse. Same as the previous moco shot but with an extra axis: the focus ring. You can keep adding axes!
Want to learn more about timelapse photography? Check out my newly discounted e-books which teach you everything you need to know about timelapse planning, shooting and editing!