Adobe's Content Aware Fill for video effect is a lifesaver for removing dust spots from your timelapse videos.
Click play to see how it works or keep reading for the written tutorial. It really is super simple.
How to remove dust spots from timelapse videos
- Import your timelapse video into After Effects.
- Create a composition with the video file.
- Use the ellipse tool to create round masks around the dust spots and set the blend mode to subtract.
- In the Content Aware Fill panel set the Fill Method to Edge Blend.
- Set the Range to Entire Duration.
- Click the Generate Fill Layer button and let it analyse.
- Render out your video and voila, a clean timelapse sequence.
Don't have After Effects? Download a free 30-day trial here.
I have a new video course available that covers timelapse, hyperlapse, astro timelapse, and so much more.
You can get lifetime access to The Ultimate Timelapse Course with over 75 video lessons, a members-only forum, timelapse presets and video LUTs, an e-book and more.