If you want to make cinema-quality timelapse videos then you need to know which software to use!
In this blog post, I'm talking about the must-have timelapse software and plugins for 2023.
I've broken up the needed software into different skill levels.
Links on this page may be affiliate links, which help support this website.
Novice Timelapse Software
At this level, you want to keep things simple and straightforward.
Be it JPEG or RAW sequences that you want to edit, you likely don't want to buy expensive software or get stuck into a subscription-based model.
They both have a free and a paid version and allow deflickering, rendering, keyframing, and more.
Want to learn how to use all this? Download my free e-book about timelapse photography below!
Enthusiast Timelapse Software
You've exceeded the limits of what free or cheap software can do for you and you want better control over your RAW image sequences and all the editing that comes with it.
Watch my Holy Grail editing tutorial video here to get a preview of what you can achieve.
Advanced Timelapse Software
Powerful software and plugins for the seasoned timelapse professional.
- Organize your footage in Lightroom with the Timelapse+ Studio plugin.
- Color grade your RAW sequences in Adobe Lightroom Classic.
- Deflicker and ramp your settings with LRTimelapse.
- Edit hyperlapses, create time-slices, and render your master files with Adobe After Effects.
- Reduce the noise in your footage with Neat Video.
Watch all my other timelapse editing tutorials here.